Re: CUCMe [Q] Mac to Mac/PC over phone but no Internet ?

Geoff Rehn (EST)
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 13:06:38 -0500

At 9:22 AM 12/8/94 -0500, ko@komac.knoware.nl wrote:

>To do some point to point videophoning over a public phone-line.
>For now I need to use tcp (as I understand)==> Does anyone know a
>(non)-commercial dial-in slip-server under the MacOS. Or other means to
>connect 2 CUCMe users.

Dick Cogger's response re CUslip sounds most interesting.

However, you can use the freeware InterSLIP on the Mac to enable Mac <-->
Mac or PC <--> Mac, one-to-one direct TCP/IP connections over a phone line.

I have scripts for InterSLIP that act in a "server" mode (ie. awaiting call
and connection) or "dialler" mode should you be interested.

It is an easy matter to develop similar scripts for Peter Tattam's Trumpet
Winsock.

Of course, you can do the same over a "hard wire" serial connection between
the two machines, or over LocalTalk in the case of two Macs.

Geoff R.

---
Geoff Rehn
Academic Services Unit