Re: Starting CU-SeeMe form a web client

Fri, 16 Dec 1994 13:57:18 -0500

At 07:16 12/16/94, Ko Stoel wrote:

>It seems natural to me that web pages could contain something to fire up
>CU-SeeMe and connect besides doing web things; :) maybe even stay in
>relation to each other thus besides video&voice ... select/pan/tilt/zoom,
>exchanging other stuff (especialy exchanging text). Why invent the wheel
>and putting those things in CU-SeeMe

Having *just* spoken with a CU person about this, I can answer the
question. It'd be silly to re-invent the wheel. If AppleEvents aren't
supported in the alpha being circulated (not the beta available to the
public) then they will be soon. I believe Barre has something like this at
his house, and I recently saw a robot excavator that can be run by you over
the net, via WWW.

Pointers to the former on my CU-SeeMe page, the latter on my What's New page.

Digital Jungle Consulting Services http://www.indstate.edu/msattler/ |

Santa's got great surveilance for a civilian, and PGP's military-grade |
encryption lets Santa hide who's been {naughty,nice} from the NSA. |