Spigot ScreenPlay & QT2.0

Douglas Ward (dsward@cei.net)
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 13:39:33 -0500

Borre Ludvigsen wrote:
>ScreenPlay (the Video Spigot Quick Time encoder) will work with system
>7.5, but not with QuickTime 2.0. I reinstalled QT 1.6.1 and ran
>ScreenPlay 1.2.2. The error messages went away. Anyone know where I
>complain?

Apple recently released an extension called the "Multimedia Tuner" that fixed
some of the Spigot/Screenplay problems with QuickTime 2.0, at least for
video. I've heard that the Tuner does not fix audio problems. Apple and
Supermac (Radius, whatever...) have been squabbling over the problem. I'm
inclined to believe Apple's side of the story.

I think you can ftp.apple.com to download the Tuner. It should also be
available on their web support site.

Doug