Re: Spigot ScreenPlay & QT2.0

Borre Ludvigsen (borrel@hiof.no)
Sun, 18 Dec 1994 09:40:30 -0500

On Sat, 17 Dec 1994, Douglas Ward wrote:

> Borre Ludvigsen wrote:
> >ScreenPlay (the Video Spigot Quick Time encoder) will work with system
> >7.5, but not with QuickTime 2.0. I reinstalled QT 1.6.1 and ran
> >ScreenPlay 1.2.2. The error messages went away. Anyone know where I
> >complain?
>
> Apple recently released an extension called the "Multimedia Tuner" that fixed
> some of the Spigot/Screenplay problems with QuickTime 2.0, at least for
> video. I've heard that the Tuner does not fix audio problems. Apple and
> Supermac (Radius, whatever...) have been squabbling over the problem. I'm
> inclined to believe Apple's side of the story.

The Tuner is only one of several patches that attempt to fix bugs in QT
2.0. ScreenPlay was doing fine Tuner or no, in passing through video,
doing framegrabs, but not for QT encoding. It encodes fine using QT 1.6.1
so it seems QT 2.0 is the culprit (as the necessity of patches would
indicate).

- Barre

Barre Ludvigsen - Ostfold Regional College- N-1750 HALDEN - Norway
vox:+4769185400/home+4769341922/direct+4769185577ext219fax:+4769185485
<A HREF="http://www.ludvigsen.hiof.no/"> Come and visit! </A>