Re: Choppy Audio

Sun, 18 Dec 1994 22:35:47 -0500

At 11:53 12/18/94, Kenneth J. Malone wrote:

>We are running Mac IIsi's on a LAN with a 56k internet connection.
>The audio is very choppy....The sound get worse as more windows are opened.

My gut reaction is: what else is that line being used for? 56 kbps is
close enough to the approx 32 kbps need of audio alone, that I wonder
whether a small amount of video signal will be enough to cramp that 32
kbps. Your comment about the sound getting worse as more windows are
opened reinforces my total-bandwidth idea.

Digital Jungle Consulting Services http://www.indstate.edu/msattler/ |

Santa's got great surveilance for a civilian, and PGP's military-grade |
encryption lets Santa hide who's been {naughty,nice} from the NSA. |