re: launching CUSM from with a URL

Geoff Rehn (rehn@cleo.murdoch.edu.au)
Mon, 19 Dec 1994 01:51:58 -0500

At 7:09 PM 18/12/94 -0500, Stephan Haller wrote:

>At 07:16 12/16/94, Ko Stoel wrote:

>>It seems natural to me that web pages could contain something to fire up
>>CU-SeeMe and connect besides doing web things; :) maybe even stay in
>>relation to each other thus besides video&voice ... select/pan/tilt/zoom,
>>exchanging other stuff (especialy exchanging text). Why invent the wheel
>>and putting those things in CU-SeeMe
>
>I am working on the same thing. I defined a new MIME-Type for use in
>our lab, and it is no problem at all to start up CU-SeeMe (on PC or Mac)
>from the Web.
>
>I can't at the moment though connect directly to any site (I have to issue
>a connect-command in CUSM), that's why I have been posting those questions
>about automatic connection on startup by using a configuration file.

I take it that this is referring to just launching CU-SeeMe LOCALLY, that
is on one's own machine, rather than on a remote machine.

I have spent just a little time looking a a PC application called
LAUNCHER.EXE which, I had hoped, would achieve the above: ie, launch any
local application by a URL reference. I have not got it to work for _any_
application as yet, let alone CUSM; however, I believe that it might allow
command line type parameters that would get it to launch say CUSM and
connect to a specific site, by using a URL reference.

Has anyone else looked at LAUNCHER.EXE?
I've had no luck with it....

Geoff R.

Geoff Rehn
Academic Services Unit Murdoch University Western Australia
voice: (09) 360 6308 fax: (09) 310 4929
rehn@cleo.murdoch.edu.au