Internet Voice Chat IVC 1.1 Released (PC Window's Users)

Danny Guy Frezza (bz223@cleveland.Freenet.Edu)
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 20:00:29 -0500

I received, from Richard Ahrens, the announcement, that the new version of
Internet Voce Chat, version 1.1 has been released. It seems to include bug
fixes for slip/ppp users. I am passing this announcement to the cuseeme
group because of the high level interest in having sound. Although it is
not real-time voice communication, it is the only one that I am aware of.

From: ahrens26@wharton.upenn.edu (Richard L. Ahrens)
Subject: Internet VoiceChat 1.1 Released

I am pleased to announce the release of Internet VoiceChat 1.1. This
program facilitates live, two-way voice conversations over the Internet,
much like using a telephone or CB radio. IVC includes several innovative
features, such as an Answering Machine, Call Screening, and much more.

Version 1.1 represents several improvements over the original:
* Blocking errors preventing data transfer fixed
(now compatible with Trumpet WinSock 2.0B!)
* New, more robust data transmission protocol
* Faster transmission speeds
* No more annoying 20-second delay on startup

If you've tried IVC version 1.0 and were unable to get it to work,
version 1.1 is for you! System requirements for Internet VoiceChat
are: WinSock 1.1, any Windows-compatible sound card with a microphone,
net connectivity, and a 386 or better processor. Full online help
is included.

IVC has been uploaded to the following FTP sites:
archive.epas.utoronto.ca: pub/pc/ultrasound/submit/ivc11.zip
garbo.uwasa.fi
oak.oakland.edu
ftp.cica.indiana.edu
b61503.student.cwru.edu
ftp.demon.co.uk
www.unb.ca

Many of these sites have delays in making uploaded files available, so please
do one of the following:

1) Get the file from archive.epas.utoronto.ca in the above directory
2) For a limited time, I have made ivc11.zip available from my Web Server.
The URL is http://futures.wharton.upenn.edu/~ahrens26/ivc11.zip
^^^^ note that this is http:, not file:

Please give IVC 1.1 a try!!! Also note the new IVC support email address,
which can be reached at ivcsupp@aol.com

--

Dan Frezza Internet: bz223@Cleveland.Freenet.Edu