Re: Reflector & Solaris 2.3?

Kent Wada (wada@mic.ucla.edu)
Fri, 23 Dec 1994 01:16:34 -0500

Norman Hajjar writes:
> We are trying to complile a reflector under Solaris 2.3 on a Sparc 5. We are getting
> errors, and wonder if there are any known modifications needed to make the
> "makefile" or if perhaps there is just a binary available ( and if there is,
> where it is?)

I just recently compiled 2.50b1 under Solaris 2.3. It required only
three changes, if I remember correctly:

1) In Makefile, LIBC= -lsocket -lnsl -lucb

2) In socket.c, you need #include <netdb.h>

3) In util.c, you need #include <sys/sockio.h>

I do seem to be getting unclean shut downs of the reflector, however,
even using refmon.

-Kent

--
Kent Wada <wada@mic.ucla.edu>
Coordinator, Advanced Workstation Program