Re: Other sound stuff

Colin Hunter (chunter@umabnet.ab.umd.edu)
Thu, 29 Dec 1994 00:21:29 -0500

On Wed, 28 Dec 1994, Kathy Kidd Plamondon wrote:

> Thank goodness, there's an explanation. I do have a Quadra 660 AV which
> crashed CuSeeMe with a dialogue box about the sound. I have a Geoport on
> my Quadra.
>
> May I paraphraase what I think I understood from the message below as
> the solution to the crashes? I drag Speech related files out of my
> System Folder? What specifically do I take out. Where do I put these
> files - on my desktop or on a floppy and trash them while I'm using
> Cu-SeeMe (scarry idea.) Do I have to restart my machine after I relocate
> the Speech files and before I use Cu-SeeMe?

I use a Quadra 840AV with CU-SeeMe and it works fine sending and
receiving provided the Express Modem is turned off. I don't move anything
out of the System Folder, just turn Express Control Modem back on after
I've finished with CU-SeeMe. I haven't installed speech recognition, but
would suggest simply turning it off before booting up CU-SeeMe ought to
do the trick.

Colin Hunter
Virology Laboratories, University of Maryland at Baltimore