Subject: Re: PC-to-PC via ISDN
Author: derskine@safb.af.mil at ww-internet
Date: 11/30/95 10:10 PM

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, emile anderson wrote:

> At 11:30 PM 11/29/95 -0800, steve wrote:
> >How can i use cuseeme over my isdn line WITHOUT going thru the internet
> >(in other words, I want a friend to call me direct, and establish a 2-way
> >cuseeme video teleconference). My friend has the same equipment as I do:
> >a pc, trumpet winsock, isdn, cuseeme and quickcam. The internet is slow,
> >however, and i want to know if I can bypass it. Also, this would give me
> >greater privacy, since no one else would know my ip address. Can this be
> >done? Inexpensively?
> >

> >The better question is how does one do point to point on a PC to PC.
>
> Emile

Greetings:
Good question! I guess one of your workstations would have to be a
SLIP/PPP server (i.e. - emulate an ISP) and allow the other workstation
to dial in as an internet SLIP/PPP client. I haven't tried using Trumpet
WinSock to "auto-answer" (acting as a server) from one end; to establish a
connection from another Trumpet WinSock machine. I don't think this
theory will work. This question is better left to Mr Peter Tattum at
Trumpet Software International to answer. How about if you try setting
up this session with these sample parameters:

SERVER HOST
IP# 222.222.222.001 222.222.222.002
DNS: 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
GATEWAY: 222.222.222.002 222.222.222.001
NETMASK: 255.255.255.0 255.255.255.0
DOMAIN NAME: test.line.ppp test.line.ppp

You won't need to resolve DNS services outside of your own machines.
Your IP numbers should reflect that your both on the same Class "D"
line. Flip-flop your IP numbers in the Gateway field to fool Trumpet
into resolving the other machine as the Internet router. Your domain
name can be whatever you want, as long as they're the same!!!

TO: Mr. Tattam,
Could you help us with this??? Would this work??? Do you have an
alternative?

Good luck,

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"