Re: The book?

Sue Fawcett (sfawce@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu)
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 16:03:35 -0600 (CST)

The book is entitled "Internet TV with CU-SeeMe" and the author is
Michael Sattler. The publisher is Sams.net Publishing, and the ISBN is
1-57521-006-1. The price is a rather steep $25.00 for such a thin book,
and the graphics are disappointingly inferior to those of similar
computer books. However, it is brimming with interesting CU-SeeMe
information, and includes a Reflector Operator's Guide.

I'm also disappointed with the title - "Internet TV with CU-SeeMe" -
which implies that CU-SeeMe is not an interactive program but rather just
another passive relay vehicle. The videoconferencing concept is not
evident in the title, and videoconferencing is the main use for CU-SeeMe
(not viewing alternative programs!).

On Sat, 2 Dec 1995 FNDANGO@aol.com wrote:

> I sawa book on HOW to use CU SEE ME the other day at the computer store.
> When I came back the next day it was sold.
>
> They can't remember the title ...
>
> Do you know?
>
> Thanks!
>
> DB

Sue Fawcett
B.A., M.L.I.S.
Email: sfawce@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu
State of Texas Law Librarians' Home Page:
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~suefaw/
"Nothing is Real"