Windows Audio problem

Amy Leung (amy@iohk.com)
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 20:47:07 +0800 (HKT)

Hi Nick,

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Nick Alongi wrote:
> Hi, I've sent this question through a couple of times, and I'm
> still stuck!! My friend and I are trying to use cu-seeme. He's using a
> windows machine, and I'm using a mac.

What connection is your friend (and you) using? Is he able to hear you?
The good news is that the audio is finally working at 28.8k for Windows
CUSeeme. But your friend will need the new beta from Cornell.

The least you'll both need are 28.8k links, and as you've probably figured
by now that if you're on 28.8k both of you have to set to 16k Delta Mod for
audio (your friend needs to put a line in his cuseeme.ini to do that).

If one of you is on a fast link that party has to set the max. transmission
to something around 26-30 to minimise lost packets or the audio would be
too choppy to be audible on the slow end (might need to freeze the video
from the fast end when sending audio, seems to be better than freezing from
the receiving end).

---
After long last I am finally able to use my PC to "talk" to someone with a
Mac on the Net (thanks to the wonderful guys at Cornell!!).  Keep goin' and
if I can make it you can.  :-)

Cheers,