Re: Windows Audio problem

Orlando Turrietta (tot@well.com)
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 09:35:37 -0800

Amy,

Very helpful Web Page, by the way. However, I would like to learn more about
how you are receiving audio using the new beta from Cornell. I just
installed it and do not receive any sound at all at 28.8. Plus the video
screens are all white and get updated very slowly and sometimes not at all.
The new chat window works fine but does not help since I am not able to see
what the senders are talking about.

The older version updated the screens a lot faster with occasional audio
which was not intelligible. No chat window though.

I have am using the 16K DeltaMod in QuickCam for Windows on a 485/50
equipped with a sound card. I get "Real Audio" and IPHONE just fine so I do
not know why the CuSeeMe audio is such a problem.

By the way, I tried connecting to NASA TV and Internet TV reflectors using
the new version and still do not get the video. I probably need to return to
the older version.
Before I do, I would like to try the transmitting and receiving settings
your using. Please let me know what they are. Thanks.

Orlando Turrietta

At 08:47 PM 12/5/95 +0800, you wrote:

>What connection is your friend (and you) using? Is he able to hear you?
>The good news is that the audio is finally working at 28.8k for Windows
>CUSeeme. But your friend will need the new beta from Cornell.
>
>The least you'll both need are 28.8k links, and as you've probably figured
>by now that if you're on 28.8k both of you have to set to 16k Delta Mod for
>audio (your friend needs to put a line in his cuseeme.ini to do that).
>
>If one of you is on a fast link that party has to set the max. transmission
>to something around 26-30 to minimise lost packets or the audio would be
>too choppy to be audible on the slow end (might need to freeze the video
>from the fast end when sending audio, seems to be better than freezing from
>the receiving end).
>
>---
>After long last I am finally able to use my PC to "talk" to someone with a
>Mac on the Net (thanks to the wonderful guys at Cornell!!). Keep goin' and
>if I can make it you can. :-)
>

>Cheers,
>

> | / Amy Leung
> /__ | / Internet e-mail: amy@iohk.com