Re: xfer rate too high - access denied, PC hangs!

Roderic Dohleman (Roderic@wavenet.com)
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 12:31:13 -0800

Ulrich,

Unfortunatley that is the way it goes. Those who have the reflector sites
should change how they handle those who log in
with too high of Xmit rate. It will cause your Cam to crash. Only to do is
to reset.

Perhaps they will change it.

Roderic

At 08:54 AM 12/6/95 +100, Ulrich G. Kliegis wrote:
>Hi,
>some reflector sites complain immediately after logging in that the
>transfer rate of the video broadcast is too high.
>
>The window saying that has an OK button. After pressing that, the
>window reappears - and stays.
>
>First, it would be useful to have a message on the allowed rate in the welcome
>screen, so one could adjust correctly.
>
>Much more annyoing, however, is the fact that CU reacts to this by
>not closing the alert window. There is no way to get out of this
>except an alt-F4 or even a system reset - in either way no proper way to
>terminate an IP connect.
>
>Am I the only one annoyed by this? Or are there any other sufferers?
>
>Ah, my config: WPINE Beta release (downloaded ten days ago), 14.4k
>connect (yes I know, but that should not be the problem here),
>DX2/50, FAST Video machine II
>
>Any help?
>
>Ulli

>Ulrich G. Kliegis
>Phone (x49) 431 33 11 44
>Fax (x49) 431 33 11 46
>
>Don't flame me, I'm only the keyboard player...

R & D Computer Solutions... Help is on the way!

http://www.geopages.com/WestHollywood/1516/