RE: CUSEEME and the "Virtual Hiker"

Roger Lee Boston (rboston@tenet.edu)
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 06:28:47 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 7 Dec 1995, James Brown wrote:

> I'm not so keen on the idea that the walk would be a series of jumps.
> Obviously the most fun solution would be a robot travelling along the
> path (one day...). This is rather expensive and impractical, but the
>
> <Then with about 50 extra dollars per camera-site the "virtual hiker"
could trigger a camera zoom or pan (remember there is sound too)

Second - the virtual hiker could use the mouse similar to what my
son does with King's Quest VI, and "walk" around in the live
video image until discovering the "hot spot" which will trigger
the NEXT live image along the route. That will feel more like
your robot.
-rb>