OS/2 Installation Instructions

bear@oo.com
Mon, 11 Dec 95 18:09:26

From: bear@oo.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 95 16:41:34 -500
To: CU-SeeMe-L@cornell.edu
Subject: OS/2 Installation Instructions

Subject: CUSEEME OS/2 Installation Instructions
Installation instructions for CUSEEME for OS/2 Presentation Manager.

I have setup my PC to run CU-SeeMe from the OS/2 Presentation Manager.
OS/2 users may
follow these instructions and CU-SeeMe does indeed work with the IBM
DIAL UP TCPIP
provided by IBM - I am not certain about Warp Connect.

1. Ensure the following is contained in your config.sys:
SET ETC=d:\tcpip\etc
SET TMP=d:\tcpip\tmp
SET HOSTNAME=SteveB
SET SYSCONTACT=SteveB
REM ADDED BY STEVEB FOR TESTING
RUN=d:\tcpip\bin\ifconfig.exe lo 127.0.0.1

2. !Importante! Your autoexec.bat should make *no* references to
hidden winsock.dll's
found among Windoze applications (I got'em, so do you). Keep it
simple:
PATH=C:\OS2;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;D:\TCPIP\DOS\BIN;
D:\TCPIP\DOS\ETC

Note: There are no references to LAN Work Place or other stacks.

3. Place binaries in directory D:\TCPIP\DOS\BIN\CUSEEME. I have
resolv copied in
there as well.
4. After you have successfully logged on to your internet provider,
ensure you have
entered you assigned IP address in the host file; I am assuming
that PPP is being used
(SLIP users should hard code their address):
199.227.1.172 SteveB

For quick access, copy EDITOR to the folder that contains CUSM and
point the working directory to :
D:\TCPIP\DOS\ETC\HOSTS and the parameters to HOSTS.

5. Start CU-SeeMe.

HAVE FUN - Hope to CU

SteveB

Stephen Borsen