MIN-MAC-VERSION, MIN-PC-VERSION (From Tim Dorcey)

Joseph M Izen (joe@utdallas.edu)
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 15:06:11 -0600

At 3:06 PM 12/13/95 -0600, Joseph M Izen wrote:
>Tim, Brian,
>
>; MIN-MAC-VERSION version-num msg-string
>; versions: 70b1 -> 12
>; 70b12 -> 18
>; 70b13 -> 19
>; 70b14 -> 22
>; 70b15 -> 25
>; MIN-PC-VERSION version-num msg-string
>; versions: 0.34 -> 2
>

>I would appreciate it if you could let us know the minimum-version values
>for versions up to
>
>Mac.CU-SeeMe0.83b3
>PC.CU-SeeMeW0.84b7

I can give you the important Mac versions, and will pass on your request to
our Windows team.

80b2 -> 27
83b3 -> 40

As of 83b3, we repurposed the "version-num" to represent the *protocol*
version, which will not be incremented unless the underlying protocol
changes. More detailed application version information, including
platform, vendor, and release date is carried elsewhere, although there is
as yet no monitoring of that information by the (public version) reflector.

-Tim

The current PC version is also at version 40 now.

-Tim
Tim Dorcey Tim_Dorcey@cornell.edu
CIT Network Resources (607) 255-5715
Cornell University