Re: WebSurfer Message

interntx@idir.net
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 00:44:47 -0600

tbc@phoenix.net wrote:

> Win 95 on a P5/133. I am running a QuickCam and version 0.84. It worked for one or two sessions but now I cannot open my
> local video window. It shows up on the task bar but will not open. Relector participants say my transmission is garbage.
> QuickCam is operating as it will work just fine when running the QuickCam software, it just will not work with the Cu-SeeMe
> software. I tried deleting and re-installing the QuickCam and the CU-SeeMe but still the same problem. Anybody got an idea?
> Help!!!
>
> Gary King
> tbc@phoenix.net
> Houston, TX USA

The same thing has happened to me. It seems to happen when you
minimize the local window, the exit the program with it minimized. I had
to delete the cuseeme.ini file in Windows directory (the cuseeme.ini
file makes no references to the local window?). However, you lose all
video settings and ip adresses in your list so you may want to print it
out first.

When you bring the program up after deleting cuseeme.ini, it is as
though this is the first time you have been in the program (you'll see
the intro messages).