Re: fifteen meg on a PowerMac

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 04:38:22 -0800

At 3:42 AM 12/14/95, George Hill wrote:

>I'm using a PowerMacintosh 7500/100 with a Connectix QuickCam. I have
>allocated 15Mb of RAM to run the CU-SeeMe Application.

Ahhhh! FIFTEEN megabytes? Good lord, man, crank that puppy down to the
default memory partition (on CU-SeeMe 0.83b3 PPC it's 3.5 mb).

>When I connect to
>an IP Address or a Refector Site, the other windows that appear are "gray-ed
>out" (no image appears in the window) or only a few pixels of an image will
>appear.

This is what happens when one is connected over a modem through a busy
provider, etc. It would help us to know how you are connected and what
times of day you're trying to connect to a reflector.

Michael Sattler, Digital Jungle <mailto:msattler@jungle.com> |
San Francisco, California, USA <http://www.jungle.com/msattler/> |

My book "Internet TV with CU-SeeMe" (ISBN 1-57521-006-1) is available! |