Re: Lost local frame

David (dgf@slip.net)
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 22:37:44 GMT-8

On 15 Dec 95 at 7:23, John Lyons wrote:

.... then for no known reason the local video fram disappears and
> can't be re-activated. the name remains on the toolbar but noting
> short of uninstalling will bring up the local frame - then the whole
> process starts again.
>
> Can you tell me why this is and how I can fix it.

This has happened to me a number of times and was referenced in an
earlier posting as well, where the recommended fix was to delete the
cuseeme.ini file. What I discovered is that the local video window
coordinates in the [Video Position] section of the ini file (Window
0) had been rewritten to something like 3000,3000--way off the screen.
Just edit the file to a reasonable location like 10,20 and restart and the
local video window will reappear in that position.