Re: chat window

Amy Leung (amy@iohk.com)
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 20:45:51 +0800 (HKT)

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, ssr&s wrote:

> has anyone figured out the optimum use of the cornell 0.84bx chat window?
> many people have noticed that some people can type and be read by some but
> not others; some people can be read and responded to but they might not see
> your response. do the "filter" and "reset" buttons do anything? any tips
> and tricks?

I *think* that the problem lies in typing gone in lost packets (I might be
wrong though), so make sure the max transmission and max receive are set
to reasonable values (I set both to 26k for my 28k modem link) to minimise
lost packets and see if that helps.

Cheers,

/__ | / Internet e-mail: amy@iohk.com
__/ __| ______/ URL: http://www.iohk.com/UserPages/amy