Linux software

Ian Carr-de Avelon (avelon@phys.uva.nl)
Sun, 17 Dec 1995 16:46:46 +0100

>Date: Sat, 16 Dec 95 19:44:11 PST
>From: larson@net.com (Alan Larson)
>To: avelon@phys.uva.nl
>Subject: Re: 14.4 modem
>
>> I noticed yesterday on the Software for Linux list that there is a
>> CU-SeeMe "reflector" which sends TCP in place of UDP.
>
> Interesting. Since the clients on the Mac and PC do not speak TCP
>for their communication, I wonder how they would be expected to use
>that reflector?
>
> Alan

I had understood (or maybe imagined?) from the 3 lines or so I had read,
that it would receive UDP from CU-SeeMe clients on a local net, and pass
that through the Internet (including sections where UDP was filtered out) as
TCP to another reflector to pass through its local network. Which seemed to
make sense at the time.
Having looked further, the "fixes CU-SeeMe" refers to multicast.
Sorry for any confusion
Ian

* Ian Carr-de Avelon avelon@phys.uva.nl *
* http://www.lmg.com/krzyzowa/avelon.htm *