Re: 28.8 Modems

Roderic Dohleman (Roderic@wavenet.com)
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 02:45:52 -0800

Bob wrote:

> AOL is offering 28.8 modems (brand not specified) for $190 + $5 shipping.
> Not a bad deal if you want to upgrade from 14.4 If you're not an AOL
> member, you can always do one of their 1-month free offers, buy the modem,
> and then drop the service at no cost to you...
>
> NOTE: If you think this is off-topic, flames are accepted 2-4am cst...
>
> BobIn Reply:

Bob, AOL isn't offering those modems at any GREAT deal. I know, I am a
consultant/reseller. Besides, who would go through all the TROUBLE of
setting up an AOL account just to be able to buy an overpriced modem.

Just a little FYI cuz I cannot STAND AOL. They overcharge for
everything as it is.

Roderic

--
R & D Computer Solutions... Help Is On The Way!

Come visit me at: http://www.geopages.com/westhollywood/1516/