AOL offers an un-deal (was: 28.8 Modems)

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 15:57:35 -0800

At 9:25 AM 12/18/95, Bob wrote:

>AOL is offering 28.8 modems (brand not specified) for $190 + $5 shipping.
>Not a bad deal if you want to upgrade from 14.4...

This is not a deal at all. That's about the market price for a MultiTech
ZDX 28.8 kbps modem, one of which I've taken around the world with great
results. Look in the back of your favorite Mac or Win mags and you should
see similar prices.

Beware the AOL bearing gifts.

Michael Sattler, Digital Jungle <mailto:msattler@jungle.com> |
San Francisco, California, USA <http://www.jungle.com/msattler/> |

My book "Internet TV with CU-SeeMe" (ISBN 1-57521-006-1) is available! |

To leave this list send listproc@cornell.edu a message body with the |
command "u*subscribe cu-seeme-l". (Replace the '*' with 'n'; if |
the "un" word had appeared then this message would have automagically |
been filtered to the trash by many people's filtering configuration.) |