Re: Petitions on Internet regulation

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 08:01:33 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, Stephen A. Stiner wrote:

> >CU-SEEME:
> > I am not advocating any political preferences or positions in this
> >matter. However, I would like to help others in perpetuating our forum.
> > My hopes are that whomever is elected this year will BANISH THE INTERNET
> >POLICE and REMOVE THE CONGRESSIONAL INTERNET DECENCY ACT!!! The internet
> >is too young and too wide-spread to be under any single, governmental
> >controlling entity (good campaigne topic, huhn???)
>
> On a related note, there is a web site, PoliticsUSA
> (http://PoliticsUSA.com/) that has online petitions regarding Internet
> regulation. Visitors can cyber-sign a petition either supporting or
> opposing Internet regulation with the option to post their own comments.
> The petitions are located in the "Inter-Action" link which is selectable
> from the home page. Happy Holidays!
>
> Stephen
>
> Stephen A. Stiner | Phone: (423) 974-6839
> Sr. Design Technician | Fax: (423) 974-4115
> The University of Tennessee | E-mail: sas@utk.edu
> Chemical Engineering and |
> Materials Science & Engineering |
> 419 Dougherty Engineering Building |
> Knoxville, TN 37996-2200 |

Greetings:
Thanks for the information! This will help me in my "personal" quest
to rid America's portion of the internet of the "Internet Police". I
believe that if the internet needs to be censored, it will be done in
conjunction with the world populous!
The internet is the only platform of communication in which we are all
equals, and we can all enjoy the same levels of freedom (i.e.- CUSeeMe)!!!

"Have you ever 'ate crow'? It don't taste like
chicken, but it's better than 'SPAM'!!"

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"
"http://www.apci.net/~derskine"