Re: (no subject)

Brian Rudy (brudy@set.sbay.org)
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 11:45:48 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 19 Dec 1995, James E Sampel wrote:

> Hopefully an easy question! How do I get the reflector to
> launch and run in the background? Everytime I try to run it,
> it starts as a forground process! I have tried both the HP-UX
> and Solaris versions!

Easily... You just need to know a little about UNIX shell scripts...

For example, if you wanted to run a program in the background you would
execute it as follows: reflector4.00.3.Solaris &

Basically, you just execute the program, with whatever switches are
needed, and follow it with an ampersand (&).

The program should dump a PID, and other status messages to whatever
console you launched it from.

See ya...