Re: CU-SeeMe vs. Cinecom

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 13:39:56 -0600

At 08:26 PM 12/20/95 -0800, you wrote:
>***FYI***
>
>There is no comparison. The new Cinecom software is far superior to
>CU-SeeMe. Download the software from their site at www.cinecom.com and
>you will not be disappointed. The software is very easy to use, has a
>high frame rate, and color capability.
>
>I think I'm going to unsubscribe from this list :)

OK, but how the heck do you get in touch with a person using it? With
CU-SeeMe at least you have reflector sites which you can use as a meeting
place to swap IP addresses for direct conencts, if that's what you want.
This is not as convenient as the server that you can use with IPHONE
(developers take note) but it's better than just taking a stab in the dark
at an ip address and hoping that the person is there. This doesn't work
very well for people like me that have dynamic IP addresses.

COLOR? We don't need no steenkin color! I'm only 16 shades of grey to
begin with :-)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe