newsgroup vs mailing list

Mark Cushman (mark.cushman@gsfc.nasa.gov)
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 09:35:17 -0500

>Did I miss something? I thought this was for cuseeme users not the love sick.
>
>I think this should be made into a news group instead of a mailing list.
>
>Anyone else agree?
>
>With the junk that has been appearing here lately, I am seriously considering
>canceling my subscription. I would like to continue recieving mail from only
>the serious researcher using cuseeme. Maybe we can form our own group.
>
>-Marie Conte
>University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
>> To the sender of this letter:
>>
>>>To my Dearest Bao Bei Girl
>>
>>----snip--------
>>
>>>Ok, I will stop here, I will write to you again. Bye bye, I love you and
>>>Kiss..Kiss..
>>
>>I just love these love letters.

I agree wholeheartedly with Marie Conte. Most of the CU-SeeMe mail of late
has been junk. I recommend that only serious messages be posted. And
let's use that idea of prefixing the subjects with [m]-mac, [w]-windows,
[r]-reflector etc.

Mark Cushman
NASA/Goddard Space Filght Center
Greenbelt, MD 20771