Re: Someone help

Richard (global@dircon.co.uk)
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 08:02:05 GMT

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 1995 16:28:42 -0800
Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
From: Michael Sattler <msattler@jungle.com>
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: CU-SeeMe Worldwide Reflector List #35 is out (and free)
I've collected the notes I've received while overseas and am now ready to
release the next CU-SeeMe Worldwide Reflector List. This version doesn't
require ECash (even though the free links are in my EShop). Here are the
changes since the last list:

# 35. Added host names (thanks to Michael Sweger)
# 35. Added (France) ESM/IMT Nasa Select
# 35. Added (France) ESM/IMT Public Site
# 35. Added (UK) Open U Computing Dept
# 35. Added (UK) Open U Knowledge Media
# 35. Added (USA) Tribevibe
# 35. Added (USA) Penn State CAC Helpdesk
# 35. Added (Switzerland) SWITCH
# 35. Added (Taiwan) Nan Jr College
# 35. Added (Korea) KAIST
# 35. Added (France) CIC de Grenoble (was: Telecom Ecole)
# 35. Added (USA) Texas A & M
# 35. Added (USA) ThePoint Two
# 35. Updated (USA) ThePoint One
# 35. Updated (Sweden) Foeredrag i Lund/Fast's IP address
# 35. Updated (USA) Network Solutions's human
# 35. Updated (Norway) Ostfold/Fenris's new domain
# 35. Updated (Norway) Ostfold/Kark's new domain
# 35. Updated NASA Select's URL
# 35. Removed Pacific Rim Network per Gavin Shearer gavin@pacificrim.net>

I would appreciate any and all constructive comments on my newly-redesigned
web pages, the EShop and the CU-SeeMe pages all got face-lifts, even though
some things (like the CU-SeeMe User's Guide) are not yet updated.

The EShop is at

<http://www.jungle.com/msattler/eshop/index.html>

The CU-SeeMe pages begin at

<http://www.jungle.com/CU-SeeMe/>

The List is at

<http://www.jungle.com/msattler/eshop/catalog-pages/cu-seeme-items.html>

Please update your web pages as necessary. (I'll look in my book for the
list URLs and keep copies of the reflector list there as well.)

If you have any problems downloading the list, the pages, etc., please
email me directly.

Michael Sattler, Digital Jungle <mailto:msattler@jungle.com> |
San Francisco, California, USA <http://www.jungle.com/msattler/> |

My book "Internet TV with CU-SeeMe" (ISBN 1-57521-006-1) is available! |

Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 09:37:59 -0800
Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
From: Michael Sattler <msattler@jungle.com>
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Corrected protocol for CU-SeeMe Reflector List
Yep, I did it again. Said "ftp" when I meant to say "http". I just
checked both links from

<http://www.jungle.com/msattler/eshop/catalog-pages/cu-seeme-items.html>

with Netscape/Mac 2.0b4 and they both work.

Thanks to those who reported my goof.

Michael Sattler, Digital Jungle <mailto:msattler@jungle.com> |

>#================#=====================================================#
>| k1oik@ccsnet.com MAC is 5% of the market |
>#======================================================================#

Not 5% but 7.9% last stas I looked at ..in some countries like Iceland !
*much* larger share..and in some industries the dominant 'puter.. the other
90 odd per cent are not all wintel kit there are unix boxes classed as pcs
as well....and last but not least the MacOS *Is great* no doubt as Mr Bill
also note and knows..lets see what theCHRP IBM/Apple boxes that will run
Mac Windows (NT) OS2 Unix etc do ..harmony at last... :-)

snip----
From: james@acoustic.demon.co.uk

The January '96 issue of Dataton's 'News & Views' magazine carries an
article by Steven Baker of the Telesis Corporation about the installation
of Microsoft's presentation booths at Windows World '95 in Atlanta.

Lighting (over 300 channels), sound (32 channels) and visuals were all
automated by Dataton Trax software running on Macintoshes. Trax is
another innovative application that is only available on MacOS.
snip---

Richard