Re: Quickcam not found?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 02:10:18 -0600

At 12:05 PM 12/27/95 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi, I've got a question for the list.
>
>Problem: CUSeeMe doesn't find the QuickCam, but instead
>gives me an error and a video window full of snow.
>I couldn't find anyhthing in the FAQ about machines with
>multiple video input devices. How would I
>specify that CUSeeMe use the QuickCam and not the
>Intel card?

I'm not sure about WIN95 but on Win 3.1 you would find two entries in the
[drivers] section like this:
msvideo=intelpro.drv (or something like that)
msvideo1=quickcam.drv

Put a semicolon (;) in front of the first line and change the second to say:
msvideo=quickcam.drv

I have a Captivator card AND a Quickcam, and this is how I swap without even
leaving Windows.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe