Re: CU

Ton Thole (amthole@euronet.nl)
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 10:51:27 +0000

Diebold, Greg wrote:

> HELP!
>
> I downloaded CU-Seeme, but I cannot seem to get it to connect to a remote
> IP address. I followed the instructions in the Cuseeme.txt, but no luck.
> I tried the Cornell address of 132.236.91.204, but received a "no
> response" message.
> I would like to be able to connect to live video supplied on the Nasa
> homepage.
>
> My setup is simple:
> - I have no video or sound card
> - I am using the PC speaker driver from Microsoft
> - My connection is possible via a SMTP gateway via our Wide Area Network
>
> I've noticed that I cannot access the file, video setup option at all or
> the edit, preferences, transmission settings.
>
> Any help or suggestions you can give will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance....GREG.DIEBOLD@JACOBS.COM

Greg,
You have the same problem as I have. I don't know where you live,
but my problem is due to Dutch providers who have banned the use of
CU-SeeMe from the net. Try to check with your provider first.
Regards,
Ton Thole
A.M.Thole
AmTech bv, the Netherlands **Interim Management**
amthole@euronet.nl
http://netlynx.neturl.nl/vredestein/img/thole.gif