Re: Your video windows

Charlie (charliec@pop.woodtech.com)
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 08:21:45 -0600

At 09:11 PM 12/27/95, you wrote:
>I've downloaded CU-SeeMe & it seems to work, to a point.
>
>When I have been able to connect to a reflector, I can see only
>grey boxes with names, no images. Am I doing something wrong?

If you have several video windows open at the same time you may not be
getting enough data on any one of them to paint a picture. I've found
that my receive performance improves by having only one or two receive
window open at a time. You might change your max video windows in the edit
preferences section to a lower number (include one window for yourself)
and also set the open new windows option to no. Then you can open and close
the windows yourself from the participants window. I have also found that
a relatively high number of lurkers on a reflector can slow things down
and cause video windows to almost never fill up.

>I have a QuickCam. The image of myself is very dark, almost black. Is
>there a way to adjust this? I've tried putting a quartz halogen on my
>face, but this didn't help too much, not to mention it's a bit hard on
>the eyes.

Assuming that you are using the Windows version:
click on "File" and then "Video setup" and then "video source" and then
you can adjust your brightness, contrast and white level until your
local window appears more pleasing to the eye.
Good luck....have fun.
| --charlie-- |