Re: "no response" message

Bryant Reif (reifbrya@pilot.msu.edu)
Sat, 30 Dec 1995 02:30:29 -0500

At 11:41 AM 12/29/95 -0500, theinze@magic.winnet.net wrote:
>The only address I can seem to get connected to is 127.0.0.1. Then there is
>never anyone threre. All other sites give me a "no response" message. Could
>this be a result of my hostname not being properly identified? I thought I
>followed the installation file properly, but then again, maybe not. Any help
>would be appreciated.

I am having the same problems. I can only connect to ftp2.wpine.com
regularly, and not very regularly at that. A lot of time I just get the
same message, "no response". Sometimes it seems if I disconnect, quit
cuseeme, re-boot my computer, and then re-start everything, it works better.
This just seems like a voodoo solution though and there has to be a better
answer. What is the proper response if you try to connect to a site that is
too crowded? I would really like to find less crowded reflector sites,
anybody know of any?

** Bryant Reif, Telecommunication, Michigan State Univ. **
** Phone: (517) 332-1236 E-mail: reifbrya@pilot.msu.edu **
** Work: (517) 432-2191 E-mail2: reif@tc.msu.edu **
** Fax: (517) 432-2529 **
** WWW: http://aiesec.msu.edu/~bryant **

"If you keep your money in your shoe, then people
will know which bills are yours." D. Byrne