Re: CU, NAT, etc.

Mike Baranowski (mhb@netcom.com)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 14:01:17 -0600 (CST)

brianm@shell.rust.net wrote:

>Pretty much all other network services run well - am I doing something
>wrong with CU or does it just not work over NAT?

Just a word of caution - some NAT applications DO NOT work with ports over
1023... You might want to check with the software developer. Oh, and
CU-SeeMe uses UDP ports 7640, 7648, and 7649.

I'm waiting for my next release of the NAT firmware, but when I do, I can
only redirect it to a SPECIFIC IP on my LAN. NAT does not support
redirection to more than one specific IP on your local LAN. This is one of
the cons to NAT.

-Mike Baranowski