Re: Gethostname err with win3.11/ftp OnNet v2.1

Paul A Beltrani (beltrani@hawaii.edu)
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 16:39:39 -1000

A hack resolution to this problem is to edit the pctcp.ini file and add
the following to the [pctcp general] section of the file:
host-name= fully_qualified_domanin_name

Not very elegant, but it works. I would appreciate any info regarding a
better solution.

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Paul A Beltrani wrote:

> I would appreciate assistance getting CUSM to run on the following system:
> pentium PC, windows 3.11 (with 32 bit extensions), ftp Incs. OnNet v2.1
> tcp/ip package (windows pctcp), Cornell CU-SeeMe W0.84B7, ppp modem
> connection to ISP.

clipped