Re: WP, look out!

Mark L. Bardenwerper (bardenwe@vbe.com)
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 17:12:37 -0600

G Pyle wrote:

> Just like with SuckYou-SeeMe, the big tricks and traps are on the > > providers
> side. Microsoft "gives" the product to developers and lets you build > it
> into sites and commercial products for free. The trick is then the > > clients
> MUST be using Microsoft client software, not Netscape, Borland, Notes,
> Novell, or Apple. We become the traffic cops making users do stuff to > get
> the service. I for one, and not going to tell 200 business clients > > they
> must use winNT or win95 and IE 3.0 or they can't play.
> The folks at Cornell could no doubt make the reflector host reliable > > and a
> match for the marvelous client product, but that would require > work.....

I think that a lot of people don't realize that we all have families to
feed and the Internet is not the home of the endless free lunch. We also
know that this is pretty cutting edge stuff yet and Cornell is a
University, not a commercially run business, do we not? Let's give
technology some elbow room.

Mark L. Bardenwerper #:^)