Re: Color QuickCam or Camcorder

Paul Eykamp (Paul.Eykamp@ucop.edu)
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 12:57:49 -0800

At 07:38 PM 12/17/96 +0000, Adrian Winnard wrote:
>dhannu@centuryinter.net (David J. Hannu) said:
>
>>The next step up to improve your video would be to get a camcorder with
>>S-video output. Generally these are Super-VHS or Hi-8 machines, and
>>tend to get a bit pricey.
>
>Well......yes for an improvement in general quality for other video
>purposes, but not really for CU-SeeMe!! I don't think anyone would claim
>that CU-SeeMe video quality is worthy of an upgrade to Hi band video.....or
>does someone know different!
>
>Adrian

I have a friend using CUSM with a Hi-8 camera on a 2 mbps wireless Eithernet.
Even on a reflector, her video was about 4 or 5 times sharper than when she
used her quickcam.
Not really worth the extra money unless you want the camera for other
purposes but worth hooking up if you have it.

Paul

Paul W. Eykamp, Ph.D. Paul.Eykamp@ucop.edu
Senior Administrative Analyst
University of California, Office of the President
Student Academic Services - Admissions, Outreach, and Student Affairs
Voice: 510\987-9366 | Voice Mail 510\987-9366 | FAX: 510\987-9522
WWW: http://unomas.ucop.edu/index.htm alternate email: paul@eykamp.com