Re: Color Intel USB camera and CuSeeMe .92b2

Sun, 30 Nov 1997 15:37:01 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Chris Harvey wrote:
> 1. Whenever I start it, it complains of 'unsupported video capture setting'.
> 2. Whenever I select 'preview' I see myself no problem, but whenever my
> window pops up, all I get is a white screen.

Try selecting View -> Preferences -> Video -> Video Format
And selecting another format...if the camera supports 15-bit RGB (like my
STB TC/PCI card) or 16-bit RGB then it should work fine. Try all the
formats there while monitoring the CU window (not the preview window). If
one of them works, you're in business. If none of them works, you're
probably stuck to using the White Pine version.

> My suspicion is the camera is color, and perhaps this software only
> supports black and white?

The software converts different formats into 4-bit grayscale. If the
camera doesn't support one of the formats that Cornell CU recognizes, then
it won't work.