Re: want to see a lurker

Tue, 2 Dec 1997 00:57:46 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, James C. Laughrey wrote:
> I'm trying to videoconference with someone, but when we were connected,
> he could see me, and I could not see him. When I selected "show all
> participants", he was listed as a lurker. How do I get to see him?
>
> I'm running under Win3.1, and MS-DOS 6.2.
> He's running under Win95, and has the same camera.

You didn't mention which versions of CU both of you on. But going on what
you've said, it looks like the other person is sending in a codec you
can't see. There's a rather nice table at
http://support.cuseeme.com/h239.HTM that tells you which video codecs are
compatible with which versions of CU-SeeMe.
The easiest solution is to have the other person switch to the Cornell
CU-SeeMe Gray codec.