Re: Can CUSeeMe be used with Web TV

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:37:41 -0500

If your parents are going to use the webtv for viewing, then you probably
need to setup a webcam where the kids are. You can get a trial version of
webcam32 at http://www.kolban.com/webcam32/ so you can experiment some
first. If you have a webtv dealer that has one in operation, you probably
need to see how it handles websites that have webcams (does webtv have a
33.6-56k type of modem?). You probably can get it setup to have a nice color
photo every 15-30 sec. From what I've seen, being able to keep up with the
grand kids using the internet is going to bring the "grey panthers" on to
the net faster than most think (a friend's father in law bought him a
complete computer system a while back just so he could vc with his grand
daughter).