Re: want to see a lurker

James C. Laughrey (jclaughrey@compuserve.com)
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 18:58:22 -0500

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, James C. Laughrey wrote:
> I'm trying to videoconference with someone, but when we were connected,=

> he could see me, and I could not see him. When I selected "show all
> participants", he was listed as a lurker. How do I get to see him?
> =

> I'm running under Win3.1, and MS-DOS 6.2.
=2E..

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Jason Williams wrote:
>You didn't mention which versions of CU both of you on. But going on wh=
at
>you've said, it looks like the other person is sending in a codec you
>can't see. There's a rather nice table at
>http://support.cuseeme.com/h239.HTM that tells you which video codecs ar=
>compatible with which versions of CU-SeeMe.
>The easiest solution is to have the other person switch to the Cornell
>CU-SeeMe Gray codec.

We checked our CU-SeeMe version numbers... I'm using version W0.84B7, and=

he is using .092b2. Neither of us has ever heard of a codec before, and =
we
both have B&W cameras. How do we check which codec we are using?

Also, is it possible that he didn't have CU-SeeMe running, but was still
able to receive my video? He's gets confused about which program does
which sometimes, but I thought he had to have CU-SeeMe active to receive
video.