Re: unsupported video capture setting

Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:38:40 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Eric Ochoa [NOL Staff] wrote:
> White Pine is using ActiveMovie now, that's probably got something to do
> with it.

Hmm...think the new Quickcam VC requires DirectX? I never figured out how
ActiveMovie related to DirectX (DirectDraw/DirectSound/etc)
I know my STB TV/PCI cap card requires video drivers that are DirectX
compatible.

> > hard to believe Connectix no longer supports the grayscale modes of the
> > past. Perhaps they don't though..and Connectix needs to be reminded that
>
> Sure they do, they still sell the B&W quickcam don't they? :)

hehe..was referring to grayscale modes in their latest Quickcam VC.
I'm not sure what's going to happen to the B&W Quickcam...Right now, they
are selling at the same price as the Quickcam VC.

> > people DO need grayscale support.
>
> GrayScale support or a product that will transmit grayscale?

The problem with the original Color Quickcam wasn't support from software
to send in grayscale. It was a problem with the drivers not supporting
grayscale. If the driver's support it, the programs are already there to
take advantage of it. I'm guessing it's a matter of drivers for the
Quickcam VC, but have no way to tell.