Re: firewalls

Chris Silverberg (chris@spiderisland.com)
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 18:54:28 -0500

At 7:22 PM -0500 on 12/6/97, Jason Williams wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, joeyBabe wrote:
> > My internet provider (MyHost.com) has installed a firewall. Now I can't
> > seem to connect to reflector sites. I called their tech support and was
> > told that I needed to find out the port cu-seeme was using.
> > Any Help?
>
> Judging from the table at http://support.cuseeme.com/h112.HTM
> The CU-SeeMe client uses TCP ports 7648,7649 and UDP port 7648

Actually, this page is now out of date. With M-JPEG support there is a new
UDP port. The following is from White Pine's web site:

If you are using CU-SeeMe through a firewall, you will need to
open the following ports:

To use Chat, and receive grayscale video and audio (other than
G.723), ports 7648 and 7649 must be open for TCP and UDP.

To receive M-JPEG video, H.263 video, and G.723 audio, port 24032
must be open for UDP.

Re: http://www.cuseeme.com/cu31-mac-readme.html

- Chris

Chris Silverberg Visit my homepage at: