Re: firewalls

Tue, 9 Dec 1997 02:28:26 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Chris Silverberg wrote:
> Actually, this page is now out of date. With M-JPEG support there is a new
> UDP port. The following is from White Pine's web site:

Thanks for the correction..I didn't know this...
The odd thing is..in the 3.1 preview 2 Readme..all it says is:
You may not be able to receive video through some firewalls unless you are
also sending video.

concerning firewalls... surely the MJPEG UDP port isn't a Mac only
creation. It makes me wonder...since it's not mentioned in the Windows
readme. Maybe a WP employee can comment on this...I'm interested to know
the answer since I never knew MJPEG went to a different UDP port.

Windows Readme: http://www.cuseeme.com/cu31-win-readme.html

(both of which has the incorrect URL to find PhoneBook entries off my
reflector scanner..oh well)