Re: Error message when starting CU-SeeMe

Sun, 14 Dec 1997 00:43:06 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Frank Rettig wrote:
> "MMSYSTEM004 The specified device is already in use. Wait until it is
> free, and then try again."
>
> Has anyone received this message and if so, what device is being
> referenced? I would appreciate any insite to this problem.

Typically, that's either the capture device or the sound card (though I
believe the errors with sound msgs aren't the same..dunno)

The solution is to quit whatever video/audio program you have loaded
before trying to run CU-SeeMe.

> Also, is there a manual of CU-SeeMe on the internet anywhere?

The White Pine version has a PDF file available off their web page
(http://www.cuseeme.com) while the Cornell 0.92b2 has a Visual User's
Guide at http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/V32X/V32XFront.html

Bill Woodland has a pretty good page up as well at
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW