Re: errors

Sun, 14 Dec 1997 00:49:57 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Ron Madison wrote:
> these are the error msg I'm getting with the C U SEE ME program I just
> paid for the new up date and it has not worked right since.

White Pine has errors? Go figure :)

> Gethostbyname [] failed [11004]

I'm not how well it pertains..but check out Bill Woodland's page on this
error: http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW/gethost.htm

> could not initiate socket startup

related to the above

> The CUSMSUPP.DDL file is linked to missing export MFC42.ddl:6453.
>
> missing TCP/IP number

Me (and another friend) got a similar error when using ICQ98a. The
problem for me seemed to come from an old misreported MFC42.DLL file when
I installed Enhanced CU 2.1.2. It reported it as newer when actually it
was older. It seems one MFC42.DLL comes from Visual C++ 4.2, the other
comes from Visual C++ 5.0. You need the one that comes with Visual C++
5.0.

I don't know if Bill advertised this, but I found the latest one that
fixed my problems at Bill's FTP site:
ftp://204.64.168.200/mfc/mfc42.dll
The working one is 920K while the older one is a little over a meg.