Re: win95 and nukes

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:32:40 -0700

At 04:32 AM 12/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>hi,
>
>i just upgraded my win31 to win95 4.00.950 B. i also instaled dun 1.2b, im
>a little unsure what other patches i need. can some1 point me in the right
>direction. thanks.
>
>i dont think i need system update 1 but do i need osm 2 (system update 2 i
>think).
>
>thanks.
>
>Mark Andrew Nassy, <MAILTO:nassy@earthlink.net>

The nuke "fix" for '95 is nothing more than adding a registry entry.

Add a string value named BSDUrgent (case sensitive) with a value of 0
(zero) to..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP

All this "bug" was, was MS following the original BSD spec instead of RFC
for OOB data, this registry addition tells the TCP/IP stack to follow the
RFC spec.