Re: Can one use CUSM with TIA?

Geoff Rehn (rehn@cleo.murdoch.edu.au)
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 11:24:07 -0500

Oh no, it's Michael Sattler being sarcastic again!

At 6:05 AM 3/2/95 -0500, Michael Sattler wrote:
>At 09:03 2/2/95, Michael Gallagher wrote:
>
>>The question of the moment is: Can CuSeeMe operate using TIA?
>
>No.
>
>>I'd appreciate any insights. Thanks.
>
>Be here now. Treat others as you would have them treat you. Everything in
>moderation. Look both ways before you cross the street. Check the chamber
>to make sure the gun is empty. Is it plugged in? The checque is never in
>the mail. Everything changes when you go public. Dilbert knows all.

I particularly like the "Treat others as you would have them treat you" one.
Who is Dilbert?

On this TIA/CUSM issue:

I _still_ maintain that it is NOT a matter of TIA not using UDP, as it does.
Those with TIA on a Mac, and with Peter Lewis's MacTCP Watcher, run a UDP
test and you will see that TIA passes a UDP test. Under Windows, use
Chameleon's test thingy (sorry, I'm on my Mac now).

Run a PING test, which uses ICMP, and it will fail.

I corresponded with the TIA people way, way back on this matter and the UDP
thing is not the critical issue.

Geoff R.

---
Geoff Rehn