Re: Re[2]: Can one use CUSM with TIA?

Geoff Rehn (rehn@CLEO.MURDOCH.EDU.AU)
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 12:28:36 -0500

At 12:01 PM 3/2/95 -0500, pstingley@smtpgate.ssmc.noaa.gov wrote:
> I agree with rehn@cleo.murdoch.edu.au. The problem is not necessarily
> TIA. I suspect it is the Windows/Reflector problem I worte about. If
> there are people having trouble with TIA, I recommend that they try my
> test bed at 140.90.24.87 and contact me by e-mail and/or voice.

Don't get me wrong here ... the problem is indeed TIA.
I am simply saying that TIA does support UDP, but for some reason, not CUSM.
Does CUSM use _any_ ICMP protocol, as well as UDP?

I cannot connect to 140.90.24.87 using TIA, either Mac or Windows.
I can of course connect using full SLIP etc.

BTW, has anyone managed to get REMSOCK (a TIA type unix thingy for Windows
only) up and running? Has CUSM worked with that? I have had no luck getting
REMSOCK to work (nor any response from the developers - it's shareware).

Geoff R.

---
Geoff Rehn
Academic Services Unit