Re[2]: Can one use CUSM with TIA? direct 1-1 connect?

Geoff Rehn (rehn@cleo.murdoch.edu.au)
Tue, 7 Feb 1995 19:25:33 -0500

Patrick and others following this thread:

At 8:58 PM 2/7/95, pstingley@smtpgate.ssmc.noaa.gov wrote:

> Perhaps you can set up a time to connect with someone who has a camera.
> I tried my system out against one of the developers systems at Cornell,
> but perhaps there is another Cu-SeeMe user out there with a camera with
> whom you can connect directly. Just have them use their Cu-SeeMe
> client in transmit mode (not connected to a reflector) and you enter
> their IP address in and connect with their machine. This should work.

I am in my office at work.
My ethernet Mac is on (134.115.224.48) with my QuickCam up and running.

I have my old PowerBook 170 connected via dialup TIA SLIP.

I _CANNOT_ get the TIA PowerBook to see CUSM running on the ethernet Mac,
that is, a direct 1-1 connection.("no response from 134.115.224.48"
message)

I can connect via real SLIP, no worries.

So, Patrick, I cannot replicate your scenario above.
_Should_ it work? That is the whole question....

Geoff R.

--
Geoff Rehn
Academic Services Unit  Murdoch University